Warehouse Associate, Lakeland
As a Surterra Warehouse Associate you must be a minimum of 21 years of age, have a clean driving record, pass a background check and a Drug Screening. This position works closely with the Distribution Manager and must always maintain a professional appearance and demeanor. The Surterra Warehouse Associate will be responsible for warehousing, inventorying and shipping Surterra’s Inventory items.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome and process incoming and outcome delivery trucks
- Receive and track shipments
- Embark merchandise in delivery trucks using appropriate tools
- Accommodate and carefully handle fragile merchandise
- Track and document exact shipment arrival and departure times
- Tag and label merchandise
- Ability to lift more than 20lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Label and stockpile merchandise according to size, shape, and type.
- Box, wrap and pack merchandise in accordance with relevant procedures and standards
- Prepare all orders for shipment
- Record and manage all impaired or damaged merchandise items
- Operate adequate merchandise management tools (for example, forklift)
- Enter data in inventory and logistics software programs
- Anything else your supervisor may ask of you.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Class E Drivers License preferred
- Must hold a valid State of Florida Driver’s License
- Ability to navigate efficiently
- Conscientious and dependable
- The ability to lift items more than 25lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills and time management abilities
- Ability to work in a changing and challenging environment
- Proficiency in windows-based software and internet navigation
- Ability to make decisions as necessary with oversight when needed
- Able to communicate effectively with team members
- Comply with Surterra’s current policies and procedures and applicable state and local laws and assist in the development and upkeep of Surterra’s Delivery Standard Operating Procedures
- <!–[endif]–>Forklift Operation Certification will be considered an advantage
- Previous working experience as a Warehouse Worker
- Hands on experience with inventory and logistics software programs
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Apply Directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=346