Technical Writer, Atlanta
Surterra is looking to add a Technical Writer to our team. This person should have the ability to quickly learn new applications and communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately in easily understandable language. Your role will be to translate Application processes to step by step guides, FAQ’s, and SOP’s that align with the Company’s current workflows.
You will be a part of a team that includes Product Managers, Developers, Project Managers, Senior Trainers, and Help Desk Support Engineers. As such, you will be responsible for creating and editing Application documentation.
Surterra is a fast-growing business in an industry that is booming. We often say that we’re building the plane as we’re flying it. If that sounds adventurous rather than nerve wracking, we hope you’ll share your talents with us.
• Surterra provides medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits to its employees.
• Surterra provides paid time off (9 holidays plus vacation).
• Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers paid sick days each year.
• Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create User Documentation for Applications of moderate to high complexity and scope (May include user guides, FAQ’s, audio and video simulations).
• Identify and analyze documentation needs.
• Deliver clear, correct and well-structured writing.
• Edit, clarify and proofread documents written by others.
• Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Understand the technical details of Applications. Identify and anticipate the questions, problems and needs that the content should address.
• Stay abreast of changes in technology as it impacts users.
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience writing clear, accurate and concise software documentation.
• Demonstrated ability to improve efficiency and quality of documentation processes.
• Ability to work well in a team and as an individual contributor.
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
• Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models is helpful, but not required.
• Must be able to travel 30 – 60% of the time.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
• The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
10 CORE QUALITIES OF A SURTERRA EMPLOYEE
1. Patient Advocate – Increase the value and happiness delivered to our patients with every decision you make; break down barriers to patient access; advocate for legal and regulatory reform; educate everyone you meet and prioritize patients above yourself
2. Brand Ambassador – Recognize reputation is our most valuable asset; be a public and private exemplar of the Surterra brand, Mission & Vision; seek out new talent; seek new patients in every interaction; create Brand Ambassadors in every person you meet
3. Politically Astute – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect; be diplomatic in response to adversity; build consensus among competing ideas and personalities; formulate creative solutions to complex and unanticipated circumstances
4. Process Oriented – Create and automate scalable processes; employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives; simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions; teach others how to operate within a process
5. Composure – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment; remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations; think on your feet; maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness
6. Good Judgment – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in a given situation; weigh the merits of competing demands in a regulated industry; make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the brand
7. Initiative & Leadership – Recognize and assume responsibility for work that needs to be done; motivate a team to persist in completion of a task; influence a group’s activity, direction or opinion to achieve patient and brand objectives
8. Planning & Organizing – Create order out of chaos; prioritize and order tasks effectively; use Good Judgment on appropriate uses of limited resources
9. Extraordinary Communication Skills – Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner; convey nuances of meaning accurately; match styles of communication to each audience and purpose
10. Impeccable Integrity – Be fair and honest; avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination; always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand; integrity is a pass/fail quality; you either have integrity or you do not work with us
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=223