Senior Field Trainer, Tampa
Do you thrive on supporting associates with just-in-time training in a fast-moving retail environment? If you excel at identifying opportunities and developing training programs to help people give their best, we’re looking for someone like you. We are recruiting an energetic professional with retail, delivery, and call center training experience to work as Surterra’s Senior Field Trainer. This position travels throughout the state of Florida.
You best fit this role if you are often described with traits that include: learner-centered, decisive, discerning, technologically savvy, agile, organized, and process driven. The Senior Field Trainer must have a passion for learning, and the professional development of others. This position specializes in mobile delivery and call center operations, internal auditing procedures and corrective action planning. This role works both autonomously and in collaboration with a team of Trainers and Instructional Designers to develop training programs and appropriate training activities.
The Senior Field Trainer ensures premiere patient experience consistent with brand standards, best in class training efforts, and retail practices for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center. A meaningful connection to the work, the flexibility to change gears on a moment’s notice, along with the ability to work both independently and within a team, are critical for success in this position.
Surterra is a fast-growing business in an industry that is booming. We often say that we’re building the plane as we’re flying it. If that sounds adventurous rather than nerve wracking, we hope you’ll share your talents with us.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers, monitors, and guides mobile and call center training
- Guides Training Ambassadors at each distribution center and call center to ensure best practices are followed across both functions
- Provides coaching, facilitates discussions and makes recommendations for training
- Partners with the Training team to modify, design and develop training programs and materials
- Ensures all mobile and call center training is conducted on a timely basis
- Provides follow up to maintain quality and consistency of the training process
- Analyzes both operational and training performance data to assess the impact and effectiveness of current training programs
- Report results to the Director of Training & Internal Communications and manage ongoing process improvements
- Keeps in front of current trends and best practices within the cannabis and retail industries to continually bring fresh ideas and approaches
- Drives and supports change management initiatives and processes
- Cross trained to facilitate new store training when needed
- Participates in special projects as assigned
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Proven leadership within retail, mobile, or call center settings
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet business needs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of adult learning theories
- Experience using Instructional Design methods to develop training programs
- Strong creative and analytical thinking
- Ability to lead and motivate associates
- Premier customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven follow through on initiatives
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Equally skilled working autonomously and within a team
- Knowledge of the Florida Statutes for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center
- Knowledge of the medical marijuana industry
- Preferred: Experience using standard authoring tools (we use Articulate 360)
- Preferred: Located centrally within the state of Florida
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
Must be able to travel in state 60% of the time.
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Surterra provides health care benefits insurance to its employees
- Surterra provides company Holidays; typically 10-12 days a year as well as vacation
- Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers sick paid days each year
- Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work
8 Core Qualities of a Surterra Employee
Be Ethical – Do everything with impeccable integrity. Be radically transparent, fair and honest with each other. Do what you say you are going to do. Be trustworthy. Avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination. Hold people accountable without emotion. Comply with regulations. Integrity is a pass/fail quality; you must have it to work with us.
Be a Champion – Always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand. Empower our patients to find their wellness. Support their doctors’ recommendations with respect. Be a constant learner in support of patients’ need for information. Partner with patients to make the best choices for their well-being. Fight for their rights to do so.
Be Bold – Be curious, creative and an exemplar of the Surterra brand in all your interactions. Be bold and innovative. Dream big, take chances. Investigate and learn with every challenge. Think three steps ahead and make a plan. Set the strategy and execute against it. Speed counts.
Be United – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect. Create an inclusive environment where all voices are heard. Listen objectively to opposing views. Be diplomatic in response to adversity. Always assume good intentions. Build consensus among competing ideas and personalities. Be a strong teammate. Show compassion to everyone.
Be Efficient – Employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives. Simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions. Automate processes wherever possible. Teach others how to operate within a process. Never confuse motion for progress.
Be Well – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment. Remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations. Accept the inevitability of changing priorities and redirect as needed. Think on your feet. Be resilient and show grit in the face of challenges. Avoid taking offense and never be defensive. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness. Set your boundaries and respect the boundaries of others. Lead by example from the front.
Be Wise – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in any given situation. Weigh the advantages of competing demands in a regulated industry. Make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the business. Say no to good ideas in favor of the best ideas. Remain open to new information and adapt accordingly. Use good judgment on appropriate use of limited resources.
Be Articulate – Show up with confidence. Communicate with enthusiasm. Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner. Convey nuances of meaning accurately. Match styles of communication to each audience and purpose. Demonstrate executive presence with confidence, decisiveness, dignity and poise.
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=221