Senior Android Engineer, Atlanta
Surterra is looking for a highly skilled and motivated senior Android engineer to join our development team. This individual will lead a growing Android development team building new internal and customer facing mobile applications. This individual will also assist in the reviewing and hiring of additional Android development candidates.
- Develop new internal and customer facing mobile applications.
- Interview and technically evaluate other Android development candidates .
- Convert wireframes/design assets into pixel perfect interfaces.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Build clean useable code that is both functional and scalable.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to architect new features.
- Maintain visual and workflow consistency across all products.
- Take ownership in what is being built and thoroughly think through new features and tasks to identify issues in requirements and logic before writing code.
- Show a general passion for development (participate in open source projects, conferences, and meetups).
- Have a strong work ethic and the ability to manage yourself and your time.
- Participate and support the Agile (SCRUM) development process.
- Continuously improve upon technical skills sets within assigned areas of expertise.
- Research and contribute technical information to the knowledge base.
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient understanding of Java and/or Kotlin.
- 5+ years of Android development experience.
- Deep understanding of development workflow tools like: Git, JIRA, Android Studio.
- A designer’s eye for creating pixel perfect user interfaces – be able to create clean and efficient user interfaces from wireframes.
- A thorough understanding of RESTful (JSON and XML) API’s.
- Experience leading a SCRUM team and conducting regular code reviews.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Through experience interviewing, technically evaluating, and mentoring other developers.
- Bonus points for skills and experience related to Flutter, Dart, Material Design, TDD, HIPAA Compliance, Hardware SDK Integrations, iOS Development, SCRUM Master Certification.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. • Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.