Senior Accounting Manager, Las Vegas
The Senior Accounting Manager will report to and work closely with the Group Controller and others in the organization in analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls. The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Surterra provides health care benefits to its employees.
• Surterra provides Company Holidays; typically, 10 to 12 days a year as well as vacation time.
• Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers sick paid days each year that may accumulate over time.
• Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation,
• Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close,
• Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes,
• Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices,
• Participate in strategic financial projects,
• Ensure compliance with internal control policies (potentially will be working in a SOX environment),
• Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance,
• Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions,
• Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles,
• Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud,
• Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses,
• Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns,
• Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• CPA certification a plus, but not required.
• At least 6-10 years of hands-on cost accounting experience in a manufacturing or agribusiness environment.
• Strong understanding of GAAP.
• Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
• Experienced in a dynamic role with a high level of written and oral communication skills.
• Analytically and communicatively intelligent.
• Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals and ability to identify problems quickly.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
10 CORE QUALITIES OF A SURTERRA EMPLOYEE
1. Patient Advocate – Increase the value and happiness delivered to our patients with every decision you make; break down barriers to patient access; advocate for legal and regulatory reform; educate everyone you meet and prioritize patients above yourself
2. Brand Ambassador – Recognize reputation is our most valuable asset; be a public and private exemplar of the Surterra brand, Mission & Vision; seek out new talent; seek new patients in every interaction; create Brand Ambassadors in every person you meet
3. Politically Astute – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect; be diplomatic in response to adversity; build consensus among competing ideas and personalities; formulate creative solutions to complex and unanticipated circumstances
4. Process Oriented – Create and automate scalable processes; employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives; simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions; teach others how to operate within a process
5. Composure – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment; remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations; think on your feet; maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness
6. Good Judgment – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in a given situation; weigh the merits of competing demands in a regulated industry; make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the brand
7. Initiative & Leadership – Recognize and assume responsibility for work that needs to be done; motivate a team to persist in completion of a task; influence a group’s activity, direction or opinion to achieve patient and brand objectives
8. Planning & Organizing – Create order out of chaos; prioritize and order tasks effectively; use Good Judgment on appropriate uses of limited resources
9. Extraordinary Communication Skills – Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner; convey nuances of meaning accurately; match styles of communication to each audience and purpose
10. Impeccable Integrity – Be fair and honest; avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination; always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand; integrity is a pass/fail quality; you either have integrity or you do not work with us
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=199