Retail Facilities Maintenance Manager, Tampa
The Retail Facilities Maintenance Manager identifies, coordinates, and manages the maintenance and repairs for a national retailer specializing in the cannabis industry.
– Surterra provides Company Holidays; typically 10 to 12 days a year as well as vacation based on years of service.
– Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick
– Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work.
– Employee Stock Options Purchase Program
– 401 (k) plan
CORE JOB DUTIES
– Manages and continually builds a contact list of qualified maintenance vendors
– Conducts regular inspections of all properties and creates reports on findings for senior management.
– When appropriate, communicates with landlords and property managers to complete maintenance duties when required per lease terms.
– Creates and oversees a preventative maintenance program.
– From time to time, will supervise tenant improvements.
– Communicates maintenance updates to relevant team members in a clear, timely manner
– When necessary, willing and able to self-perform maintenance projects.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notices.
– Ability to self-perform basic maintenance tasks
– Extensive knowledge of HVAC and electric systems
– Available to address urgent issues after regular business hours
– Thorough and complete understanding of interdepartmental processes and procedures
– Able to effectively communicate business updates with clear communication and open dialogue
– Experience working in a regulated environment
– Understanding of leases and ability to interpret terms a plus
– Fast, creative problem solving and resourcefulness
– Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing, and challenging environment
– Analytically and communicatively intelligent
– Possess strong interpersonal and relationship building abilities
– Ability to focus on short and long-term goals while working in a high stress environment
– Travel as needed and occasionally, on a short-term notice
– Position requires a vehicle
– Valid driver’s license with a clean history
– Ability to work remotely
– Bachelor’s degree preferred
– 5+ years of experience in facilities maintenance preferred
Operates with direct supervision from the VP of strategic initiatives. Follows established policies and procedures and develops new policies and procedures as necessary to perform job duties and tasks.
At Surterra we strive to create a work environment where staff can thrive and grow. We look forward to receiving your feedback about your job duties and tasks, and Surterra in general. While we appreciate your willingness and ability to take on additional duties as needed, your core functions and additional duties are your primary responsibilities. If you feel you can take on additional work please inform your direct supervisor in order to devise a work plan.
Or email resume to: email@example.com