Provider Advocate, Austin
We believe that wellness is a pursuit and that nature has the ability to empower our health now and in the future. This past decade has seen a powerful shift in the way we define healthy living. From greater access to naturally-grown, organic foods, to the awareness of the dangers in overly-processed, chemically-dependent products, communities everywhere are rediscovering what it means to live well. Surterra Wellness believes that this push for safe, natural ingredients should not stop at the grocery store, and we are focused on transforming the way people take control of their health. Our mission is to provide the purest, safest, naturally-derived medical cannabis-based products that can make a positive impact in our society’s journey for health and wellness.
Surterra Wellness’ Provider Advocacy teams are tasked with a challenging, yet influential task: drive awareness and adoption of industry-leading Surterra Wellness products with physicians to enable access for patients across communities. Providers are the key influencer in patients’ journey for health and wellness, and our Provider Advocacy teams seek to provide knowledge, education and engagement to a wide range of medical professionals who are generalists and specialists. Medical cannabis is a new frontier, and there are significant opportunities to educate physicians and patients. We need passionate people who can embrace their role as a change agent and sign up to a purposeful journey with us!
The Provider Advocate is a seasoned pharmaceutical field executive who will help lead health care provider advocacy and market development efforts across Texas, driving patient access, awareness, and provider and patient education in Texas’ emerging medical cannabis market. Surterra is looking for an expert who will help pioneer Texas’ medical cannabis program as a Surterra Wellness brand ambassador. The Provider Advocate will collaborate with the President of Texas, and the Director of Provider Advocacy, to assist in the development and execution of state-wide strategic and tactical goals that will promote access to medical cannabis and awareness for the company.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pioneer the provider and patient markets in Texas’ emerging medical cannabis program, which is currently focused on providing relief for intractable epilepsy and any other conditions that may be approved in the future by the state of Texas.
- Educate the Texas neurological community on the key benefits, proper treatments and responsible use of low-THC medical cannabis.
- Establish a network of recommending neurologists to enable patients and patient families to safely and responsibly access necessary resources.
- Provide presentations and informational meetings to interested neurologists, patients, and community groups to build a greater understanding among key Texas stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other Surterra teams to build learnings on the physician and patient marketplace to help facilitate state-by- state expansion of Surterra Wellness’ efforts.
- Develop strong relationships and rapport with the Texas physician community, centered around growing greater understanding of low-THC cannabis treatments, usage benefits, and the legal environment in Texas.
- Build provider accounts through targeted in-person meetings and presentations to the Texas medical community.
- Facilitate the signing up of physicians into Texas’ Compassionate Use Registry to increase patient access to qualified medical advice.
- Provide product information and literature that helps persuade targeted physicians to recommend low-THC cannabis products.
- Help lead expansion of the Texas’ Provider Advocacy team as the patient market continues to develop.
- Work with Surterra’s advocacy and marketing teams to develop deeper customer education and brand strategies.
- Keep the President of Texas and the Director of Provider Advocacy informed of market progress by submitting activity and results reports, such as call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Maintain timely and accurate information entry into the Surterra Wellness Salesforce.com CRM system.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommend modification or expansion in product development, service, and marketing by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolve physician concerns by investigating issues, developing solutions, preparing reports, making recommendations to the operational team.
- Provide historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Proven pharmaceutical field experience (minimum 3 years) with demonstrated success and a track record of growing patient access. Specific experience working with neurologists is strongly preferred.
- Experience in marketing epilepsy products, or products related to multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, spasms, anxiety, or neuropathic pain, is preferred.
- BS in relevant field.
- Technical proficiency in MS Office, excellent communication skills, negotiation and sales skills, highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales, strong organizational and time management skills.
- A passion for plant-based alternative therapies.
- Familiarity with reporting, databases, statistics, product lines and medical issues.
- Extensive travel as necessary (some overnights and weekends are required).
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Analytically and communicatively intelligent.
- Ability to focus simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- Knowledge of customer service, inventory management (including software) and regulatory compliance.
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping, including timely and accurate entry into Surterra’s Salesforce.com CRM system.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Ability to pass a background check, including drug testing, to be registered as an employee of a licensed organization in Florida, Texas, and/or other Surterra geographies.
- Comfort with security protocols, including video monitoring and employee tracking.
- Must be able to drive within Texas up to 75% of the time.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time.
- Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity equipment.
- Must be able to communicate frequently with other employees and customers, and must be able to convey accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to lift 20-50 pounds as needed.
- Must be able to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Must be able to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather.
- Must be able to wear personal protective gear from time-to-time.
8 Core Qualities of a Surterra Wellness Employee
Be Ethical – Do everything with impeccable integrity. Be radically transparent, fair and honest with each other. Do what you say you are going to do. Be trustworthy. Avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination. Hold people accountable without emotion. Comply with regulations. Integrity is a pass/fail quality; you must have it to work with us.
Be a Champion – Always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand. Empower our patients to find their wellness. Support their doctors’ recommendations with respect. Be a constant learner in support of patients’ need for information. Partner with patients to make the best choices for their well-being. Fight for their rights to do so.
Be Bold – Be curious, creative and an exemplar of the Surterra brand in all your interactions. Be bold and innovative. Dream big, take chances. Investigate and learn with every challenge. Think three steps ahead and make a plan. Set the strategy and execute against it. Speed counts.
Be United – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect. Create an inclusive environment where all voices are heard. Listen objectively to opposing views. Be diplomatic in response to adversity. Always assume good intentions. Build consensus among competing ideas and personalities. Be a strong teammate. Show compassion to everyone.
Be Efficient – Employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives. Simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions. Automate processes wherever possible. Teach others how to operate within a process. Never confuse motion for progress.
Be Well – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment. Remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations. Accept the inevitability of changing priorities and redirect as needed. Think on your feet. Be resilient and show grit in the face of challenges. Avoid taking offense and never be defensive. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness. Set your boundaries and respect the boundaries of others. Lead by example from the front.
Be Wise – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in any given situation. Weigh the advantages of competing demands in a regulated industry. Make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the business. Say no to good ideas in favor of the best ideas. Remain open to new information and adapt accordingly. Use good judgment on appropriate use of limited resources.
Be Articulate – Show up with confidence. Communicate with enthusiasm. Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner. Convey nuances of meaning accurately. Match styles of communication to each audience and purpose. Demonstrate executive presence with confidence, decisiveness, dignity and poise.
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=75