Propagation Technician, Winter Garden
The Propagation Technician helps coordinate the daily activities in our cultivation facility. The Propagation Technician efficiently and effectively cares and propagates the plants to ensure they are at optimum health to provide high quality product to our patients.
- To determine the proper techniques, timings, required pre-treatments, appropriate growing media, container usage, and/or any other specialized requirements in preparation for propagation takes place in a timely and coordinated manner
- Conduct daily care and maintenance of plants from seed to harvest.
- The appropriate irrigation, weeding, fertilizing, pruning, sanitation, and pest control propagation stock.
- Proper spacing, air circulation, and sun/shade exposure is monitored and adjusted in a timely manner and is effective in maintaining plants in optimum health.
- Maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the production area and facility at all times, including routine cleaning and sterilization of equipment and infrastructure
- Monitor and Report Pest and disease to Plant Health Specialist.
- Use, maintain, and operate equipment in the facility.
- Learn and follow protocols for plant systems and lab support.
- Take instruction and assist with tasks delegated by the management team.
- Participate in harvest and processing if needed.
- Ensure the daily compliance policies are followed, but not limited to compliance with the state, security protocols, access protocols and dress code.
- Relevant experience, training or education, such as professional experience in a nursery setting or other related work.
- Agriculture experience
- Must have knowledge of cultivation processes
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Accuracy and consistency are a must
- Able to work in environment with varying temperatures
- Must be a multitasker, with the ability to work on several requests simultaneously without losing focus
- Organization and initiative, good communications skills, proactive, problem-solving, time management, discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Must have entrepreneurial skills and experience
- Must possess an inquisitive and creative mind
- Ability to build good relationships. There will be frequent contact with internal and external people, either face to face or by telephone or email
- Strong team player
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
This position operates in cultivation and manufacturing environments. This role routinely uses cultivation processing equipment and standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to verbally communicate with coworkers. The position requires standing and sitting for long periods of time, walking, repetitive gripping motions, and reaching with hands and arms. This position frequently lifts, carries, or positions objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position regularly requires long hours, frequent weekend work and flexible hours as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent is required