Production Technician I, Eustis
The Production Technician is responsible for performing manufacturing work on different MedMen Manufacturing Product lines within the facility in a labor-intensive environment. The Production Technician sets-up processes and equipment, assembles and packages finished goods, food and other consumable products.
The Production Technician I is certified to set-up, operate, tend to/monitor, maintain and clean up to (4) processes, machines and/or equipment in the packaging area and one manufacturing area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates various manufacturing and processing lines in various Manufacturing Departments including:
- Solvent extraction systems including SCF and hydrocarbon extraction equipment, filtration/separation equipment, vacuum distillation systems/evaporators.
- Manual to Semi-automatic manufacturing and packaging, wet and dry weigh & fill-line equipment, agitators, dispensers, liquid and solid encapsulation, compression, rolling, packaging and labeling to produce MedMen products including tinctures, lotions, capsules, vape pens and pre-rolls.
- Commercial kitchen equipment including mixers, ovens, double-boiler/fire mixers, confectionary heating/cooling tables and other bakery/chocolatier equipment to produce, package and label infused edibles.
- Maintain a safe work environment, actively contributing to continuous improvements.
- Perform weigh and dispense activities of finished product, active ingredient(s), raw materials and excipients.
- Document all manufacturing activities consistent with Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Perform manual manufacturing activities as required.
- Maintain manufacturing and facility spaces in a clean state.
- Maintain room and equipment logbooks.
- Observe, monitor & record temperature, pressure and other parameters on Manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Perform minor equipment and process maintenance activities.
- Use of Company’s Mfg. Resource Planning system, Metric and/or other regulatory mandated databases.
- Communicate daily and effectively with the Manufacturing Manager, Supervisor and Operator peer group.
- Maintain personal training status and records consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
Per Florida statute, a registered caregiver in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry (MMUR) must not be employed by a medical marijuana treatment center or a marijuana testing laboratory, like MME Florida, LLC. Fl. Statutes 381.986 Sec.6. A registered caregiver can relinquish the role of registered caregiver at any time.
- Technical Thinking and Analysis.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for first shift (hours can vary). Overtime and weekend work is usually expected.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required with some technical training.
- Previous manufacturing experience with 2 years minimum experience in a commercially licensed cannabis production/extraction facility, food manufacturing and/or packaging, pharmaceutical or other cGMP manufacturing and/or packaging, chemical processing and/or laboratory environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of job responsibilities, including but not limited to good documentation practices, strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedure and Manufacturing Batch Record instructions, equipment and area hygiene and safety, cGMP gowning requirements adherence, release versus quarantine status of all manufacturing materials, general labeling requirements.
- Accurately and precisely operate laboratory scales and other simple but precision measurement devices.
- The ability to professionally represent MedMen in all personnel interactions including those associated with regulatory agency inspection and/or audits.
- The ability to perform all job functions in direct compliance with written instruction.
- The ability to quickly comprehend the set-up, operation, controls and trouble-shooting of equipment.
- Regular and on-time attendance is mandated and is an essential function of this position.
Apply directly: https://boards.greenhouse.io/medmen/jobs/4404005002