Our rapidly expanding operation, which currently includes a network of wellness and distribution centers, along with 2 productions facilities, is in need of an experienced Payroll Supervisor. We’re looking for an experienced professional who understands the unique factors involved in processing payroll across multiple locations and multiple states. The Payroll Supervisor will take the lead on evaluating current processes/procedures and identifying/prioritizing opportunities for improvement. The payroll supervisor will initially be responsible for all administrative payroll activities, but will take the lead on recruiting/hiring additional team members when the need arises. This position may perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks that may be required from time to time by the Group Controller.
· Surterra provides health care benefits to its employees.
· Surterra provides Company Holidays; typically, 10 to 12 days a year as well as vacation time.
· Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers sick paid days each year that may accumulate over time.
· Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and implement procedures, policies and internal controls necessary to ensure adherence to company guidelines
· Assist in monitoring workload and evaluating direct reports
· Collect banking information for direct deposit setup and initiate deposits on paydays
· Familiarize yourself and keep current with the taxation of salaries, benefits and other factors
· Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications
· Maintain and document all payroll records
· Reconcile general ledger with regard to payroll transactions
· Detect and process issues related to uncollected payroll
· Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns
· All other administrative payroll responsibilities
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in payroll, HR experience preferred, but not required
· Experience in budget development and management
· Excellent organization and mathematical skills
· Experienced in a dynamic role with a high level of written and oral communication skills.
· Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals and ability to identify problems quickly.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
Or email resume to: email@example.com