Laboratory Testing Manager, Schulenburg
The Laboratory Testing Manager is responsibleof the overall operation of the laboratory to ensure quality laboratory services.The Laboratory Manager Manages the day-to-day operations of the department and prepares technical reports reflecting volumeof work, procedures utilized and test results.
· Independently performanalyses including sample preparation, instrument operation and results reporting in support of production.
· Conduct validation ofanalytical methods.
· Calibration and maintenanceof lab equipment and cleaning – GC-FID, GC-MS, HPLC and ICP- MS.
· Familiarity with ICP-MSinterference reduction technologies and Agilent software/instrumentation is abig plus.
· Maintain all instrumentationunder a “calibrated” well documented state to provide accurate results.
· Record all experimentaldetails, observations, data and results in a clear and timely manner.
· Write analytical methods,protocols, reports, COAs and other documents.
· Technical lead foranalytical chemistry operations. Chemistry Testing operations include, but are not limited to the following analysis:
· Pesticide residues (GC-MS)
· Residual solvents(HS-GC-FID)
· Potency of cannabinoids(HPLC)
· Potency of terpenoids (GC)
· Metals testing (ICP-MS)
· Basic microbial techniques(plating)
· Ensure all safety and quality standards are adhered to.
· Ensure proper training and development of employees.
· Experience performing metalsanalysis in foods, soil, or water
· Demonstratedproficiency with HPLC, GC and ICP-MS.
· Knowledge of clean techniques (FDA/cGMP) and EPA Methods
· Ability to read and follow SOPs
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· High level of organization and attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to keep a positive, upbeat attitude ina fast-paced teamwork environment.
· Must be a multitasker, with the ability to work on several requestssimultaneously without losing focus
· Organization and initiative, proactive, problem-solving, time management,discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes
· Ability to build good relationships. There will be frequent contact withinternal and external people, either face to face or by telephone or email
· Effective time- management and ability to multi-task
· Excellent communication skills, oral, and written
· Detail oriented with strong organizational and leaderships skills.
· Teamwork- collaborating with others to improve overall standards of workand service
· This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here arethe only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform othertasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor
This position has supervisory responsibility of the Laboratory department.
This positionoperates in cultivation and manufacturing environments. This role routinelyuses cultivation processing equipment and standard office equipment such ascomputers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here arerepresentative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully performthe essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job,the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently isrequired to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach withhands and arms. Must be able to individuallylift up to 50 lbs.
POSITIONTYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position regularly requires long hours and frequentweekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day,although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biological, environmentalscience and/or life science(s).
5+ years lab experience using analytical instruments (HPLC,GC, ICP-MS) in a NELAC or ISO 17025 certified laboratory
A Minimum of 1-year experience with ICP-MS (metals) in acommercial or government laboratory setting
A Minimum of 3 years of proven success in developing andwriting procedures and methodology and performing methods development andvalidation (following USP, FDA guidance).
Experience performing metals analysis in foods, soil, orwater
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in Analytical Chemistry or Phytochemistry preferred.