IT Specialist, Jacksonville
IT Specialist should be technically astute and knowledgeable in hardware, software, installation, networking, troubleshooting and repairs. Position requires a high level of technical understanding, process improvement, data processing, reporting, networking, Windows OS, WordPress website development, mobile applications, Synology, and other platforms.
Responsible for initial programming, setup, installation, maintenance, development, and rollout of multiple systems throughout Florida.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users.
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups.
- Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication.
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
- Administers e-mail and anti-virus systems.
- Performs system back-ups.
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
- Ability to pass and maintain all required background checks to work with cannabis.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on the demands of the business, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as required, over 40 hours per week.
- Perform other related work as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer science, information science, or engineering is preferred but not mandatory.
- Must have a firm grasp of several programming languages, as well as experience dealing with a range of software and hardware types.
- Experience with databases, WordPress websites, BioTrack, Microsoft and other software platforms.
- Experience with programming, API’s, software creation, integration and modification.
- Experience with creating mobile applications
- Able to provide examples of work on WordPress websites, programming, database, and others.
- Good communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Able to travel throughout Florida and work at a fast pace within a team and a diverse workforce environment.
- Required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with regulations.
- Must be flexible and able to work at times long hours and weekends as required by business needs.
- Quality, safety minded, reliable, precise and self-motivated.
- Thorough understanding of state and local medical marijuana laws and how they apply to the operations.
- Effective time management and ability to multi-task
- Strong decision-making, analytical and organizational skills
- Valid Florida driver license and clean driving record.
- Able to adapt in a quick and positive manner
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and requests
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Able to work 7 days a week and evening shifts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be standing indoors and frequently exposed to laboratory conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and varying temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time
- IT: 2 years (Preferred)
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org