Instructional Designer, Tempe
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES *
- Understanding of goal-oriented instructional design using the course design triangle.
- Clear understanding of adult learning styles
- Using information and content provided by L&D Manager and Senior L&D Specialist, develop engaging and impactful training programs via LMS and for in-person training.
- Work closely with L&D Specialist and Video Editor to outline all content needs and a timeline for all pieces.
- Ability to write audio and video scripts, instructional text, tests, quizzes and knowledge checks to guarantee understanding of content and measure course effectiveness.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment across multiple lines of business.
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts to understand content and present in a concise and effective way.
- Work closely with Marketing to maintain templates and ensure training is adhering to all brand/style guidelines.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Creative thinker
- Excellent time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in corporate office Monday – Friday, except when traveling (This is not a remote position)
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they’re completed effectively the first time.
- Through extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day. Must be capable of working in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above.
- Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location:
- Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
- Extensive experience with SCORM package software – Adobe Captivate preferred.
- Understanding of LMS (preferably Litmos) administration, course upload, and distribution.
Apply directly: https://www.harvestinc.com/careers/?gh_jid=4307487002