Human Resources Business Partner, Las Vegas
This position will provide HR consultation and support to a designated business unit/region/department to define and execute HR strategies that aid in the accomplishment of business objectives. This role is key to support the Workforce Planning necessary to facilitate rapid business growth.
This role has oversight for various HR programs, processes and projects across the business. Administer human resources policies and programs, balancing employee advocacy and business operating needs. Promote equity, fair treatment and positive employee relations. Provide comprehensive HR support in the area of employee relations, compensation, retention, performance management, conflict management, and leadership. Partner with business operational leaders to fully understand business issues, and how HR can best support achieving results. Build relationships for organizational effectiveness.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILTIES (this list is not exhaustive)
- Develops and maintains strong and trusting relationships with assigned business line leaders and associates to support business strategy, engagement and organizational effectiveness.
- Understands the overall company strategic plan and the link to the individual business lines. Attends business line staff meetings and advises leadership on effective organization structures, job descriptions, processes, and goal development.
- Advises on and helps facilitate team building sessions. Acts as an associate champion and change agent.
- Provides observations and feedback related to departmental issues in meetings and through one-on-ones. Interpret talent management data for departments and work with HR leadership to develop appropriate initiatives. Engage designated leaders to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies.
- Coaches designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc. Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards.
- Collaborates with the appropriate subject matter experts to create, modify and implement policies where needed. Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self-service tools when necessary.
- Supports employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers. Escalate major issues to HR Director.
- Advises designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance.
- Responsible for data collection and reporting for specific business requests and ensures data accuracy but periodically auditing data within areas of responsibility.
- Analyzes core data and makes suitable recommendations to address internal and external issues. Coordinates with HRIS analyst/system to track analytics and meet management information needs.
- Analyzes exit interview data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action, continuous improvement and to increase retention rates.
- Facilitate and/or provides HR related training to the workforce.
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree. Preferred major Human Resource Management or similar field of study.
- 4-7 years HR experience. At least 3 years as an HR Generalist/Business Partner with strong employee relations experience
- Excellent communication and listening skills. Ability to construct and deliver presentations, including PowerPoint in-person and webinars.
- A keen intellect and analytical capabilities, well-developed business acumen, great business partnership skills in a large organization, comprehensive HR knowledge and a strong drive to achieve excellence are essential for success in this role.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and mediate effectively and direct conflict resolution
- Ability to establish rapport of being approachable and visible to ensure open communication lines and establish appropriate interaction cadence with all levels of management
- Credible, decisive, demonstrates good judgment, builds trust and maintains objectivity and confidentiality
- Ability to think strategically and to understand underlying business and organizational issues.
- Ability to work within ambiguity.
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=345