General Manger, Gainesville
Position Overview – Gainesville, Fl
The General Manager is responsible for interfacing and consulting with qualified patients and caregivers, and administering approved medical marijuana products. The General Manager oversees all activities related to the operation of the Dispensary to include patient identification and registration, record retention, product tracking and inventory control as directed by the Director of Operations.
We have brand new locations opening throughout the state of Florida with a unique opportunity for each General Manager to build his or her team from the ground up!
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- The General Manager ensures compliance with all FL medical marijuana rules and regulations governing the act, and directly supervises the activity within the dispensary to include dispensary staff training and education.
- The General Manager provides management and leadership in the Dispensary to include monitoring all point of sale transactions.
- The General Manager manages patient specific logs as required (the receipt, storage and auditing of all inventory), is responsible for ordering new inventory and supplies, and maintains accurate records.
- As the responsible party at the Dispensary, this position resolves all inventory discrepancies and patient-staff conflicts.
- The General Manager is responsible for the development of the Dispensary privacy policies and procedures, the security and confidentiality of all patient information, as well as overall compliance with HIPAA.
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the plan, consistent with established safety procedures
- Establishes methods to follow the operating plan in compliance with the state regulations
- Maintains records required by public health law and ensures quality assurance plans, including but not limited to plans to detect, identify and prevent dispensing errors related to product packaging and labeling
- Manages and implements policies and procedures for any retesting of returned approved medical marijuana products, storage and/or disposal of such products, and meeting reporting requirements for adverse events and product recall
- This position is responsible for assisting with implementing and maintaining security systems for tracking, record keeping, record retention and surveillance related to all product at every stage of storage, delivery, transportation, and distribution.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, teamwork, and high performance
- Implement HR policies and programs in support of company initiatives. Direct all compliance efforts for the company to minimize risk
- Ensure job descriptions for all positions are accurate and current
- Conduct investigations: respond to unemployment claims, EEOC, DOL, and/or employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civic rights complaints. Settle grievances in coordination with senior counsel.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Create organizational development and employee training programs.
- Conduct performance reviews with employees & monitor employee productivity, attitudes, and performance results.
- Implement HR related software systems in collaboration with IT partners
- Recruit and retain top quality staff for each department; conduct interviews. Manage talent acquisition and workforce management plan.
- Build a quality assurance program that is tied to performance review process.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefit programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance. Manage leave administration practices.
- Maintain excellent facilities conducive to enhancing employee productivity.
- Provide company-wide communication & manage change.
- Ensure employee safety, wellness, and health & welfare.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- 5 or more years of experience managing a retail operation.
- Must be passionate about handling all aspects of a retail operation to include staffing schedules, compliance, inventory control, purchasing and theft prevention and product diversion.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills in a high growth environment are preferred.
- Operations management to include production oversight and accountability.
- Excellent and effective consulting skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Solid business acumen, management reporting, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including: listening, coaching & training.
- Strong leadership, project management & time management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and experience working with senior level executives.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence, and presentations to senior leadership as required.
- Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks including resolving complaints counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies, procedures and programs.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships in order to gain support and achieve results both internally and externally.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with confident leadership.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
As a condition of employment, all employees are required to submit to a CSI background check. Employment decisions, in compliance with state law, were based on an employee’s background.
Job Type: Full-time