General Manager, Palm Springs
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES *
As a General Manager, you will be a motivator and mentor with experience leading 20+ employees, as you will be inspiring a team of great people committed to creating a welcoming environment and making Harvest the #1 dispensary. The Retail General Manager must have good communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership and motivational skills with high customer service expectations, and strong conflict resolution skills.
- Train and develop employees to ensure successful growth month-over-month and achievement of revenue goals.
- Ensure maximum profitability and sales growth in all store functions by managing expense budgets, including deposits, accounts receivable, and profit and loss.
- Develop and lead weekly manager meetings and monthly team meetings. Participate in ongoing education and professional development as needed.
- Schedule for the retail staff on a weekly basis including team member time-off.
- Maintain a positive attitude and instill the same in others to promote team work.
- Maintain quality customer service by establishing and enforcing company standards, handling customer inquiries, and resolving any complaints.
- Identify and address staff training and needs, assist in the recruiting and hiring process, and develop staff to achieve their full potential.
- Seek out new and innovative ways to increase business.
- Utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
- Coordinate with the Harvest marketing team to understand the success of promotions, coupons, etc. and to recommend future promotions and sales.
- Perform inventory audits, assessments of productivity, and of new merchandise in partnership with other departments.
- Adhere to all cannabis state-specific regulations and laws, execute and enforce compliance efforts.
- Develop the store management team to deliver legendary customer service and patient care.
- Manage with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes culture, values and the mission of Harvest.
- Review dispensary environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the team and take action to achieve operational goals.
- Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Work collectively and respectfully with other team members.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- 5+ years of experience in General Manager roles in a retail, hospitality, and/or sales setting is required.
- Previous success managing a location with P&L responsibility is required.
- Experience with recruiting, hiring, and team development is required.
- Experience with frequent interaction with customers, fulfilling the requests of customers, and taking responsibility for addressing customer issues, questions or suggestions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines, strong conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn state-specific cannabis laws and regulatory compliance is required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Must have the ability to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 10 pounds if relevant to job duties listed above.
- Throughout extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day. Must be capable of working in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media
- Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they’re completed effectively the first time.
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US.
- Proper employment documentation; reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- If necessary, ability to work 7 days per week and to be flexible with schedule.
- Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location:
- Minimum High School or G.E.D equivalent is required.
Apply directly: https://www.harvestinc.com/careers/?gh_jid=4290612002