General Manager, Orlando
As a member of the senior management team, the General Manager will be responsible for coaching and managing the manufacturing and logistics team and closely communicating with the Director of Manufacturing and the Director of Cultivation to ensure effective and efficient manufacturing operations, an optimum dispensary product mix, proper inventory levels in the dispensaries and seamless logistics. The General Manager will be responsible for directing manufacturing and logistics activities to ensure that Curaleaf delivers high quality products while maintaining the most efficient product cost structure. Additionally, they will lead the start-up effort for the new manufacturing facility including hiring and initiating outreach programs.
- Create a passionate, service-oriented manufacturing environment.
- Motivate, coach and manage manufacturing team members to create consistent, high grade medical marijuana product at a low cost.
- Work collaboratively and empower the Directors of Cultivation and Director of Manufacturing and Facilities Manager
- Maintain a strong presence in the field to effectively coach and support manufacturing teams.
- Ensure manufacturing environments are brand appropriate (i.e. positive, reassuring, energetic, encouraging, educational and welcoming).
- Provide operational leadership to the Company’s manufacturing team by employing a strong understanding of market requirements.
- Ensure operational priorities, processes and procedures are communicated and understood.
- Assure a positive and productive partnerships with local governments and neighboring businesses.
Operations and Business Development:
- Ensure the cost-effective manufacturing of quality pharma-grade product.
- Monitor key performance indicators for each the manufacturing facility to continually improve quality assurance, and workflow standards. Responsible for and working closely with the Director of Cultivation, Director of Manufacturing and Director of Dispensary Operations, in the planning of all capital improvement projects.
- Responsible for the successful coordination and execution of all capital improvement projects.
- Deliver continuing employee development through team training and communication.
- Communicate often and effectively with Director of Dispensaries and Managers to continually educate manufacturing crew regarding product knowledge and brand initiatives.
- Recognize and reward manufacturing team performance.
- Participate in weekly Manager conference calls.
- Lead budgeting, forecasting and reporting activities.
- Ensure that the environment and work experience reflect Curaleaf’s vision and values.
- Identify improved operational efficiencies and metrics variances.
- Encourage and support the Curaleaf brand.
- Partner with Compliance Team to monitor and maintain proper manufacturing compliance controls with all federal/state regulations.
- Review daily and monthly audit reports and escalate all variances immediately.
- Oversee Directors of Cultivation, Manufacturing and the Facilities Manager to assure inventory controls and procedures.
- Work closely with Directors of Dispensaries, Cultivation and Manufacturing to ensure proper inventory planning.
- Provide operational leadership with a strong understanding of dispensary needs and can anticipate future and current product demand.
- A high-touch, credible, visible leader who could establish instant credibility and inspire the team.
- Demonstrated track record in team building and driving operational efficiencies.
- 5+ years’ experience in the manufacturing or logistics is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- Outstanding people skills, organizational skills and a passionate leadership style.
- Start-up experience, a plus.
- Strong operations experience, including inventory control, loss prevention, IT systems, and budget preparation.
- Solid business and financial acumen and reporting skills.
- Team player with the ability to gain consensus through collaboration and open dialogue.
- A sense of urgency, high energy, and hands-on approach.
- Experience in the medical marijuana industry a plus.
- Position will ideally be based in the Orlando area and frequent travel within the State of Florida is required.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Current Driver’s license required.
Apply directly: https://curaleaf.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=322