General Manager, Kissimmee
The Harvest Way is defined by our people. We are committed to our values and have created a culture of trust, but we also remember to have fun. Here are a few more reasons why Harvest is a great place to be:
- Competitive pay
- Attractive insurance benefits and options
- Paid time off
- Professional development and workplace happiness initiatives
We believe in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our company a welcoming space where everyone can make an impact on Harvest’s success. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to join us.
As we look towards expansion into Florida, we recognize the imperative need to find the most qualified people to join our team. We will begin interviewing for this position in the very near future. In the meantime, please apply and be sure to tell us on your application why you want to become a part of Harvest!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES *
As a Retail General Manager, you will be a motivator and mentor with experience leading 20+ employees, as you will be inspiring a team of great people committed to creating a welcoming environment and making Harvest the #1 dispensary. The Retail General Manager must have good communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership and motivational skills with high customer service expectations, and strong conflict resolution skills.
- Direct daily operations.
- Ensure maximum profitability and sales growth in all store functions by managing expense budgets, including deposits, accounts receivable, and profit and loss.
- Maintain a positive attitude and instill the same in others to promote teamwork.
- Develop and lead weekly manager meetings and monthly team meetings. Participate in ongoing education and professional development as needed.
- Schedule for the retail staff on a weekly basis including team member time-off.
- Communicate openly to create a fair and team-oriented environment.
- Maintain quality customer service by establishing and enforcing company standards, handling customer inquiries, and resolving any complaints.
- Identify and address staff training and needs, assist in the recruiting and hiring process, and develop staff to achieve their full potential.
- Seek out new and innovative ways to increase business.
- Utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
- Coordinate with the Harvest marketing team to understand the success of promotions, coupons, etc. and to recommend future promotions and sales.
- Perform inventory audits, assessments of productivity, and of new merchandise.
- Adhere to all Arizona Department of Health Services laws, execute and enforce compliance efforts.
- Develop the store management team to deliver legendary customer service and patient care.
- Manage through challenging events to keep dispensary operating above standard.
- Manage with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes culture, values and the mission of Harvest of Scottsdale.
- Review dispensary environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the team and take action to achieve operational goals.
- Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Work collectively and respectfully with other team members.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Managerial experience in the cannabis industry is highly desired.
- 5+ years of experience managing in the retail or hospitality sector is a plus.
- 2+ years of recruiting, hiring, and talent acquisition is a plus.
- Experience with frequent interaction with customers, fulfilling the requests of customers, and taking responsibility for addressing customer issues, questions or suggestions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines, strong conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of Arizona’s medical cannabis program is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high-stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Must have the ability to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 50 pounds if relevant to job duties listed above.
- Throughout extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the workday. Must be capable of working in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they’re completed effectively the first time.
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US.
- Proper employment documentation; reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- If necessary, ability to work 7 days per week and to be flexible with schedule.
- Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location:
- Exposure to fertilizer, , odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is desirable.
- Minimum High School or G.E.D equivalent is required.
*The above requirements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description may be amended at any time. Required experience, training, or educational requirements shall be as indicated or as deemed acceptable by Harvest management.