Front-End Engineer, Atlanta
Surterra is looking for a highly skilled and motivated front-end (Angular JS) engineer to join our development team. This individual will lead front-end development of new features and user interfaces and will help to maintain existing user interfaces for an established in-production digital platform. This individual will also assist in the reviewing and hiring of additional front-end development candidates.
- Surterra provides health care benefits to its employees.
- Surterra provides Company Holidays; typically, 10 to 12 days a year as well as vacation time.
- Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers sick paid days each year that may accumulate over time.
- Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new user interfaces
- Maintain existing user interfaces
- Convert wireframes/design assets into fully responsive pixel perfect interfaces
- Build clean useable code that is both functional and scalable
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Maintain visual and workflow consistency across all products
- Participate and support the Agile (SCRUM) development process
- Continuously improve upon technical skills sets within assigned areas of expertise
- Research and contribute technical information to the knowledgebase
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Proficient understanding of Angular 1.5+ & 2+, HTML5, CSS3, and CSS pre-processing platforms
- Deep understanding of full responsive tactics, cross-browser compatibility best practices, and object-oriented development practices
- Proficient understanding of development workflow tools like: Git, JIRA, Webpack, Babel
- An eye for pixel perfect user interfaces
- 4+ Years of Angular JS / front-end development experience
- Bonus points for skills related to AWS, Node.js, SQL, Golang, GraphQL, Electron, HIPAA Compliance
8 Core Qualities of a Surterra Employee
Be Ethical – Do everything with impeccable integrity. Be radically transparent, fair and honest with each other. Do what you say you are going to do. Be trustworthy. Avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination. Hold people accountable without emotion. Comply with regulations. Integrity is a pass/fail quality; you must have it to work with us.
Be a Champion – Always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand. Empower our patients to find their wellness. Support their doctors’ recommendations with respect. Be a constant learner in support of patients’ need for information. Partner with patients to make the best choices for their well-being. Fight for their rights to do so.
Be Bold – Be curious, creative and an exemplar of the Surterra brand in all your interactions. Be bold and innovative. Dream big, take chances. Investigate and learn with every challenge. Think three steps ahead and make a plan. Set the strategy and execute against it. Speed counts.
Be United – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect. Create an inclusive environment where all voices are heard. Listen objectively to opposing views. Be diplomatic in response to adversity. Always assume good intentions. Build consensus among competing ideas and personalities. Be a strong teammate. Show compassion to everyone.
Be Efficient – Employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives. Simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions. Automate processes wherever possible. Teach others how to operate within a process. Never confuse motion for progress.
Be Well – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment. Remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations. Accept the inevitability of changing priorities and redirect as needed. Think on your feet. Be resilient and show grit in the face of challenges. Avoid taking offense and never be defensive. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness. Set your boundaries and respect the boundaries of others. Lead by example from the front.
Be Wise – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in any given situation. Weigh the advantages of competing demands in a regulated industry. Make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the business. Say no to good ideas in favor of the best ideas. Remain open to new information and adapt accordingly. Use good judgment on appropriate use of limited resources.
Be Articulate – Show up with confidence. Communicate with enthusiasm. Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner. Convey nuances of meaning accurately. Match styles of communication to each audience and purpose. Demonstrate executive presence with confidence, decisiveness, dignity and poise.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=136