Formulation Chemist, Austin
The Formulation Chemist will be responsible for—or provide guidance on—developing products from concept to commercialization, working in collaboration with Surterra’s research team, product team, and processing team. The Formulation Chemist also helps enhance and improve Surterra’s current products, including product design, production, testing, and quality.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulates new products, from development to commercialization, within defined company and regulatory parameters
- Develops specifications for new and/or reformulated products
- Establishes guidelines and criteria for acceptance and testing across all stages of the product development process
- Creates and delivers on project timelines in collaboration with Surterra’s product team, including determining milestones and critical path items
- Participates in team-driven activities to facilitate new product development and continuous process improvement
- Conducts stability studies on formulations, performs HPLC, LC/MS, CE, etc. testing
- Assists with intellectual property activities, including patent development and patent searches
- Document data and results according to applicable compliances (such as cGMP or cGLP)
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Strong understanding of cGMP guidelines (with knowledge of FDA regulations related to the pharmaceutical industry)
- Experience with HPLC and other stability testing methods
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Analytically and communicatively intelligent.
- Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- Knowledge of customer service, inventory management (including software) and regulatory compliance.
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Ability to pass a background check, including drug testing, to be registered as an employee of a licensed organization in Florida, Texas, and/or other Surterra geographies
- Comfort with security protocols, including video monitoring and employee tracking.
- An ability to travel up to 50% of the time (if based in Austin, Texas).
- Possess a PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or related fields with 0-5 years of experience; OR possess an MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or related fields with 5+ years of experience; OR possess a BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or related fields with 10+ years of experience
- The ability to lift 20-50 pounds as needed.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- The ability to work in extreme weather.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=106