At MedMen, we started our journey in 2010 as a team of two with one big idea and a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you’ll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor
The Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Maintenance & Engineering Manager and is tasked with assisting the Maintenance & Engineering Manager in achieving established Maintenance Department goals, safety, environmental, quality, and financial goals on a facility-wide-basis. This position is responsible for ensuring that company goals are achieved, and discipline is maintained with a targeted emphasis on continuous improvement. Provides support to the department’s staff, maintaining departmental structure and documentation. Will also include some formalized training for employees within the department. The Maintenance Supervisor will be required to follow guidance from the Maintenance & Engineering Manager, and be a hands-on, self-starter with the ability to motivate and provide leadership to the employees within the Maintenance Department. Additional leadership will be necessary at times to lead other groups of employees through their responsibilities in assisting in Maintenance operations.
- Responsible for performing technical and operational evaluations of production equipment including recommendations for repairs and improvements in efficiencies and cost savings.
- Provides hands-on mentoring and assistance when performing equipment troubleshooting, repairs, installations, modifications, renovations, and supports preventive maintenance efforts.
- Meets organizational repair and maintenance needs through leadership of Maintenance staff.
- Oversees, coordinates and prioritizes work activities of maintenance personnel and outside contractors to ensure safe work practices are followed and appropriate skills and support are available when needed.
- Ability to communicate in every way effectively with all departments and have a can-do customer service attitude which is extremely important and an example to the organization.
- Inspect machines and equipment for wear, document issues, explore maintenance opportunities, and upgrades. Inform Maintenance & Engineering Manager of same issues.
- Inspect construction and installation progress of equipment to ensure conformance to established specifications.
- Oversee and direct maintenance personnel engaged in equipment installation and repair, and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure department work is performed in a safe manner.
- Utilize problem solving and trouble shooting skills to ensure that team members can identify root causes and take fast, effective action to resolve problems.
- Maintain housekeeping standards to keep a clean and safe workplace.
- Work closely with all internal customers (departments) to ensure effective communication.
- Review/Schedule maintenance work activities and job orders to determine work priorities (Including installations and fabrication) and maintain records.
- Execute and utilize CMMS and PM programs to their fullest extent.
- Verify compliance with environmental and OSHA regulations.
- Purchase tools, spare parts, and supplies required for maintenance related operations.
- Assure training and cross training of workers to improve individual and department work performance, and safety and meets regulatory requirements
- Confer with Maintenance & Engineering Manager, and various departments to resolve maintenance problems.
- Recommend measures to improve operating conditions of machines and equipment.
- Inspect completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Ensures that safe work practices are followed and working safely is a priority.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include help in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and hands on helping with work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Adhere to company attendance and punctuality policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Insure plant and equipment is maintained to achieve production requirements and provide a safe and clean work environment.
- Work within the role to uphold a high level of leadership in upholding values of compliance and support for the human resources, environment health and safety policies.
- Other assigned tasks as required by Management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Competencies and Requirements
- Education: High school graduate or GED, minimum of a AS degree or verifiable 10+ years-experience of leading employees in an industrial maintenance setting or service department. Documented and verifiable Journeyman level skill and knowledge of a trade.
- Safety – Proven ability to recognize safety as the organization’s highest priority.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Prior experience within a results-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with good interpersonal skills preferred.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management – Communicates changes effectively; Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Background that is committed to developing and maintaining a work culture that breeds trust in your fellow employees and commitment to contributing to the success.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office Suite applications. This includes email via Outlook, document creation and editing via Word, and spreadsheets via Excel.
- Strong skills working with computers and able to learn, navigate and use designated software programs as required to perform job functions. This includes CMMS applications.
- Must be able to work effectively in a busy, multi-tasking work environment and prioritize workload based on multiple inputs and pressures.
- Must be able to work independently, requiring little direct supervision from Maintenance & Engineering Manager.
- Must have the ability to effectively supervise others and maintain discipline with the department.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, drawings, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must possess the ability to clearly and effectively communicate through verbal and written means.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to herbal aromas, dust, and/or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; ascend and/or descend stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift, move (in some cases drag items), slide, raise and/or place:
- Up to 10 lbs. from ground level and hold weight overhead; return weight to starting position.
- Tighten and/or loosen a standard torque wrench up to 50 ft./lbs.
- Up to 33 lbs. from 5 inches off ground and raise to 47 inches and then return 33 lbs. to original position.
- Up to 60 lbs. from 31 inch shelf and 2-hand carry for up to 5 ft. and then return 60 lbs. to 31 inch surface.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Salary 40+ Weekly
Required Education and Experience
High school or equivalent
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Maintenance: 10 years
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Must successful complete and pass background and drug screen, and live scan.