Education and Training Specialist, Tampa
This position works under the direct supervision of the Director of Retail Expansion. The Retail Training Specialist must have a passion for learning, and the professional development of others. This position specializes in retail operations, internal auditing procedures and corrective action planning. The Specialist works in collaboration with the Education and Training Manager and Retail Regional Managers. This role ensures premiere patient experience consistent with brand standards and best in class training efforts and retail practices for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers, monitors, coaches and guides retail training
- Leads the Education and Training Ambassadors at each retail outlet to ensure best practices are being followed across the retail function
- Provides coaching, facilitates discussions and makes recommendations for training needs
- Partners with the Education and Training Manager to modify, design and develop training programs and materials
- Ensures all retail training programs are conducted on a timely basis
- Provides follow up to maintain quality and consistency of the training process
- Analyzes retail performance data to assess the impact and effectiveness of of current training programs
- Report results to the Director of Retail Expansion and manage ongoing process improvements
- Keeps in front of current trends and best practices within the cannabis and retail industries to continually bring fresh ideas and approaches
- Drives and support change management initiatives and processes
- Participates in special projects as assigned
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a group
- Ability to follow through
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet business needs
- Prefer start-up experience
- Knowledge of the Florida Statutes for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center
- Knowledge of the medical marijuana industry
- Ability to lead and motivate staff
- Premier customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Knowledge of adult learning theories
- Proven leadership in a retail environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ~50% travel required
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
<!– [if !supportLineBreakNewLine]–>
- Surterra provides health care benefits insurance to its employees
- Surterra provides company Holidays; typically 10-12 days a year as well as vacation
- Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers sick paid days each year
- Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=58