Dispensary Medical Assistant, Boynton Beach
Reports to: Medical Clinic Manager
Work Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday – 28 hours/week
Ensures compliance with local and state regulations and helps the professional and volunteer staff in providing safe, effective and appropriate medication in the dispensary. Overseeing the daily operation of receiving, storing and maintaining an inventory of all medications and pharmaceutical supplies, checking for and appropriately discarding outdated medications, maintaining a current formulary list and preparing internal/external reports pertaining to the dispensary’s daily operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle dispensary’s routine operations.
- Coordinate dispensary team members, including orienting staff and volunteers.
- Manage and optimize the efficiency/effectiveness of daily dispensary operations, including monitoring and maintaining patient flow, volunteer, and staff levels, technology, and other medication and supplies.
- Oversee patient electronic data collection, medication management software, and reporting system, to help make informed decisions based on empirical information.
- Protects and maintains confidential patient information.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of dispensary medication/supplies, including preparing purchase orders and ordering supplies as needed.
- Helps to process and manage applications, renewals and communications with patients referred to the Medication Prescription Assistance Programs.
- Ensures the Dispensary compliance with security, local and state regulations.
- Maintains relationships with community pharmacies.
- Coordinates quality improvement efforts, interacting with staff and volunteers to monitor and evaluate dispensary operations and resolve problems to ensure performance objectives are met.
- Participate in clinic leadership in strategically sustaining and developing the Dispensary department.
- Develop the Dispensary Task Force, in collaboration with clinic leadership, to ensure the highest level of patient care quality and satisfaction to include reviewing, revising, and implementing new policies as required.
- Ensure knowledge of the department grants, work toward the realization of their goals and objectives, and contribute information and statistics for grant reports.
- Reviews and assesses, with the Clinic Director and Dispensary Coordinator, dispensary performance and results.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Pharmacy technician certification and/or Medical Assistant Certificate preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of patient assistance program including Medata, Americares, and Novartis.
- Experience and knowledge in using medication inventory systems including QS1/NRx.
- Prefer a minimum of two years of work related experience in long-term care or other related
- Computer literate, have effective collaboration, communication and documentation skills, and culturally competent.
- Evidence of ability to work with individuals of varied values and background.
- Must also be bilingual and culturally competent. English and Spanish are required, preferable trilingual (English, Spanish, and Creole).
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- Medical Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Creole (Preferred)
Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org