Director of Strategic Account Sales, Atlanta
We are expanding into new states and adding additional hemp derived products for distribution through drugstores, mass retailers and other distribution channels across the US and ultimately internationally. We are seeking to hire a Director of Strategic Accounts to help us stand up retail distribution outside of our Surterra Wellness Center locations. We are seeking an experienced sales professional with direct experience selling into the health and beauty categories at major retailers and/or experience as a category manager with a major US retailer. This role will entail standing up the sales engine for the new, consumer products division of Surterra and creating long-lasting relationships with retailers, distributors, brokers and other channel partners. This isn’t managing an existing business for low single digit growth – this is about standing up an entirely new consumer products business in a new, high growth category of products.
This role reports to the President, New and Emerging Ventures and is critical leadership role in building the consumer products division within Surterra. The New Ventures team offers a serious intellectual challenge, a high caliber peer group, and fast paced environment. The role will have a high degree of visibility and exposure to the Surterra Executive Leadership Team.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build relationships with drug, grocery and mass merchant retailers and effectively sell in new programs.
- Manage channel partner relationships including brokers and distributors.
- Collaborate effectively with the marketing and product development teams to build compelling retail programs, including product, signage, promotional support, display, etc.
- Identify and develop distribution opportunities through ecommerce retailers.
- Establish, achieve and report on monthly, quarterly and annual sales and margin goals and keep Executive Leadership appraised of progress, drivers of performance, and risks.
- Understand the competitive offerings and make recommendations to improve our product assortment.
- Become a credible expert in Surterra’s products and the broader medical cannabis space.
- When the time arises, this role may expand to manage or influence additional sales resources and/or a field merchandising team to ensure execution at retail.
- Assesses the competitive landscape and builds Surterra’s offerings to optimize positioning relative to competitors’ assortments.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A bachelor’s degree required. Masters’ in Business, Marketing or related field preferred..
- 10+ years of experience in selling into the health and beauty categories as leading US food, drug and mass merchant retailers and/or in category management for these categories as a drug or mass merchant retailer. 5+ years of sales management.
- Strong account prospecting skills and excellent closing skills.
- Superior self-motivation and ability to motivate others.
- Ability to focus simultaneously on short- and long-term goals and ability to identify, surface and creatively solve problems quickly.
- Ability to apply the 80/20 rule and good business judgement to make recommendations with incomplete information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Strong logical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong retail math skills and the ability to understand the economic drivers behind various retail and consumer goods economic models.
- Ability to use Excel effectively for build pricing and retail economic models.
- Ability to teach and train others in retail math, GMROI and other retail business concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Word with the ability to craft key messages and clear sales presentations with well-presented supporting data and analysis
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- The person must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time, could increase over time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Surterra provides medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits to its employees
- Surterra offers a 401(k) plan and employee stock purchase plan
- Surterra provides paid time off. 9 holidays plus vacation
- Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers paid sick days each year
- Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work.
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=99