Director of Human Resources, Miami
Curaleaf is a leading vertically integrated medical and wellness cannabis operator in the United States. Curaleaf is committed to being the industry’s leading resource in education and advancement through research and advocacy.Curaleaf leverages its extensive research and development capabilities to distribute cannabis products in multiple formats with the highest standard for safety, effectiveness, consistent quality and customer care.
Reporting to the President and working closely with Curaleaf’s SVP of Human Resources, the Director of HR will be responsible for monitoring of human resources processes within Florida. They will develop, implement, and document human resources practices, policies and strategies.
- Assist President in developing, administering and maintaining human resources policies, plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Implement and communicate local Curaleaf HR programs and corporate HR programs.
- Responsible for resolving day to day employee benefits administration issues.
- Assist finance with bi-weekly payroll processing and personal time off tracking procedures using BambooHR, in accordance with company policies and ensuring all pay changes are approved by appropriate leaders.
- Handles employee relations issues and counseling as needed.
- Collaborate with the President and Curaleaf’s SVP of Human Resources in reviewing salaries, writing appraisals, and disciplinary actions when required.
- Assist with and monitor the performance evaluation program for all employees of the company.
- Coordinate with finance department to administer compensation and benefits changes through BambooHR, payroll and benefits broker.
- Performs benefits administration and communicates benefits information to employees, and coordinates with benefits broker.
- Assists with employee training and development efforts.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment and personnel records.
- Coordinate the renewals of the employees’ annual state registry cards which happens every year end. This ensures compliance w/ state regulations and ensures everyone’s card is up to date and coordination of that happens seamlessly.
- Ensure all HR required postings are kept up to date in the facility.
- Track part time employees’ hours to comply with Florida benefits eligibility laws.
- Work with Talent Acquisition Manager on recruitment for all Curaleaf Florida open positions. Assist with the development of workforce strategies to recruit and retain qualified candidates.
- Assist with the hiring and on boarding process including the collection of employment and tax information and documents through BambooHR.
- Ensure background and reference checks are completed.
- Participate in on-boarding of new employees to the organization.
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation/enrollment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business or related field required.
- 6-8 years’ experience in Compliance and HR.
- Experienced in leading compliance function of a highly regulated industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent people and organizational skills.
- Team player with the ability to gain consensus through collaboration and open dialogue.
- A sense of urgency, high energy, and hands-on approach.
- Proficient computing skills, experience with HRIS or Bamboo HR is helpful.
- Ability to critically think and problem solve without direction.
- High level of integrity.