Desktop Support Analyst, Tampa
At MedMen, we started our journey in 2010 as a team of two with one big idea and a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you’ll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
The Desktop Support Analyst is responsible for working with various IT Teams to ensure the End-user has the tools necessary to efficiently perform in their jobs, specifically in the Mac/Apple workspace. Additionally, the DST will work closely with production data center administrators and QA teams to help with AWS/Cloud, Virtualization/Storage, and Microsoft/Office 365 systems. This position will manage all aspects of help desk, but the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to expand his skills in the data center and cloud. If you’re already at this level or proficient and ready to take the next step in your career this is the opportunity for you.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Active Directory – group policy, adding, removing, and updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Familiar with security – Antivirus, firewalls, implement encryption.
- Basic Network administration.
- Computer setup and troubleshooting – installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Familiar with system cloning and virtual machines.
- Asset tracking and general office management.
- Provide investigation, diagnosis, resolution, and recovery of hardware/software problems.
- Maintain overall ownership of user’s issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a reasonable timeframe.
- Provide initial assessment of urgency and business impact on all service calls.
- Manage service requests, software installations, new computer setups, upgrades, etc.
- Record incident resolutions in the Help Desk tool.
- Support the following technologies: Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer, Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2016, Mac OS, desktops, laptops, printers, networked copiers, NIC’s, basic LAN/WAN connectivity and others as assigned.
- Provide enhancement request feedback to IT regarding technology environment and employee needs through the defined processes.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Perform on-site diagnosis, virus removal, and performance tune-ups.
- Installation of hardware/software/networks/storage.
- General Troubleshooting
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent customer care, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and performance tuning skills.
- A sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to maintain composure and focus while troubleshooting.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting PC hardware issues on Intel platforms.
- 2+ years of experience using and supporting Microsoft Windows XP, 7 & 10.
- 2+ years of experience supporting Apple Macintosh, Mac OSX 10 and iOS.
- 2+ years of experience support Microsoft Office 2003 and above.
- 2+ years of experience in an IT support environment
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)certification (preferred)
Must be able to lift 50 Lbs.
Travel will be required to multiple MedMen locations.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Must successfully complete and pass background and drug screen, and live scan.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MedMen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MedMen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MedMen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MedMen employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.