Design Standards Manager, Atlanta
The Design Standards Manager is responsible for overseeing all of the related design obligations for Surterra Holdings, Inc., a licensed medical marijuana operator, while functioning as the lead manager on most key projects for the layout and design of the retail stores. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to executing the design strategy into the retail store layouts, ensuring the construction documents are consistent and accurate with company design and brand objectives, jurisdictional codes and architectural standards, manages projects with relevant schedules, manages design changes, supports stakeholders in the overall design of the stores and maintains the construction master drawings.
An excellent Design Standards Manager must be well-versed in retail design, architectural and construction methodologies and procedures and be able to communicate progress and obstacles in clear business terms. This manager will also be able to coordinate between a diverse team of professionals within the organization to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind, great organizational skills and design savvy.
1. Surterra provides Company Holidays; typically 10 to 12 days a year as well as vacation based on years of service.
2. Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick
3. Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work.
4. Employee Stock Options Purchase Program
5. 401 (k) plan
CORE JOB DUTIES
• Manages the execution of the design strategy by adapting and deploying the Design Standards and code requirements for the Brand. Owns the design standard guidelines for the retail stores, production spaces, and distribution.
• Supervises and organizes outsourced architects, engineers, and vendors in the development of schematic and design drawings and performance specifications.
• Leads design meetings with appropriate stakeholders when required.
• Ensure that the construction documents are consistent and accurate with company design and brand objectives, jurisdictional codes and architectural and quality standards.
• Manages the change management process as it relates to each project.
• Working with internal stakeholders, supports the roll back and roll forward changes to the existing store fleet.
• Support construction teams, consultants and/or contractors with clarifications and revisions during the bid and construction period.
• Manage projects in accordance with relevant milestones and schedules. Anticipates, reacts to scheduling issues. Facilitates solutions and escalation when project is falling behind schedule. Monitors adherence to milestones for LL package, survey, due diligence, contract execution, design, permits, bids, construction, opening, etc.
• Manages design changes and modifications for impact on the project development budgets and schedules.
• Establishes global processes, strategies and procedures for the design of stores and production space.
• Responsible for purchasing of relevant FFE items.
• Develop and maintain construction drawing masters.
• With the Construction Department, develops and manages the FFE vendor relationships.
• Develop and facilitate value engineering processes, procedures and cost ideas.
• Resolve global issues with vendors, consultants, developers and contractors.
• Establishes and manages relationships proactively with Internal Departments, vendors and outside consultants.
• Works with Surterra as needed to expedite and track LL, municipal, and permit approvals.
• As applicable, partners weekly with RE, Legal, Design, outside Architects and Engineers to update their project schedules.
• Prepares 2D sketches and using computer assisted design (CAD) to prepare detailed scale technical drawings and sometimes 3D models.
• Presents ideas to the team including layouts, structures, storage, display, graphics, signage, colors, textures and costings.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notices.
Operates with direct supervision from the Director of Construction. Follows established policies and procedures and develops new policies and procedures as necessary to perform job duties and tasks.
• Proven experience in retail design and store layout
• In-depth understanding of construction procedures and materials
• Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Familiarity with construction/ project management software
• Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Demonstrated project management skills with multiple projects
• Multi-Unit Operations, i.e. retail, hotel, restaurant and or franchise concepts
• A team player with leadership abilities
• CADD experience preferred
• BS/BA in architecture, design or relevant field preferred but not required
• PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
• Travel up to 30-40% required
10 CORE QUALITIES OF A SURTERRA EMPLOYEE
1. Patient Advocate – Increase the value and happiness delivered to our patients with every decision you make; break down barriers to patient access; advocate for legal and regulatory reform; educate everyone you meet and prioritize patients above yourself
2. Brand Ambassador – Recognize reputation is our most valuable asset; be a public and private exemplar of the Surterra brand, Mission & Vision; seek out new talent; seek new patients in every interaction; create Brand Ambassadors in every person you meet
3. Politically Astute – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect; be diplomatic in response to adversity; build consensus among competing ideas and personalities; formulate creative solutions to complex and unanticipated circumstances
4. Process Oriented – Create and automate scalable processes; employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives; simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions; teach others how to operate within a process
5. Composure – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment; remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations; think on your feet; maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness
6. Good Judgment – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in a given situation; weigh the merits of competing demands in a regulated industry; make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the brand
7. Initiative & Leadership – Recognize and assume responsibility for work that needs to be done; motivate a team to persist in completion of a task; influence a group’s activity, direction or opinion to achieve patient and brand objectives
8. Planning & Organizing – Create order out of chaos; prioritize and order tasks effectively; use Good Judgment on appropriate uses of limited resources
9. Extraordinary Communication Skills – Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner; convey nuances of meaning accurately; match styles of communication to each audience and purpose
10. Impeccable Integrity – Be fair and honest; avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination; always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand; integrity is a pass/fail quality; you either have integrity or you do not work with us
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=200