Cultivation Technician, Winter Garden
The Cultivation Technician is responsible for contributing to all aspects of plant production including Clone, plant, fertilizer, data collection and routine plant maintenance tasks. The Cultivation Technician will maintain seamless environmental conditions for optimal plant growth.
· Label plants, transplant, harvest through the plant life cycle
· Clone, plant, water, fertilize, and water plants, shrubs, and using hand tools and gardening tools.
· Trimming plants in the vegetative stage and creating clone
· Maintain plant health throughout the cultivation process
- Work with cultivation team to determine changes needed based on the nutritional and/or environmental needs of the crop.
- Daily monitoring of irrigation to ensure the plants are receiving adequate moisture and nutrition.
· Maintain accurate daily activity and operation logs as directed utilizing designated software
- Assist in production processes for designated stages of plant growth
· Maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the production area, all staging areas and facility at all times, including routine cleaning and sterilization of equipment and infrastructure
· Take instruction and assist with tasks delegated by the management team.
· Participate in harvest and processing if needed.
· Use, maintain, and operate equipment in the greenhouse
· Ensure the daily compliance policies are followed, but not limited to compliance with the state, security protocols, access protocols and dress code.
· Frequently lifts, carries, or positions objects weighing up to 35 pounds
· Relevant experience, training or education, such as professional experience in a nursery setting or other related work
· Strong technical/analytical foundation and data driven
· Strong background in plant science
· Operate with integrity and honesty.
· Experience in the horticulture or agriculture industry
· Ability to work both in a team and independently
· Ability to sit, stand for a long time, walk during the scheduled shift
· Capable of frequent and repetitive hand movements
Employee must have basic organizational capabilities, as well as be able to run basic computer tasks.Skills / Interests
Skills / Interests
Must be a multitasker, with the ability to work on several requests simultaneously without losing focus
Organization and initiative, good communications skills, proactive, problem-solving, time management, discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes
Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
Must have entrepreneurial skills and experience
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Must possess an inquisitive and creative mind
Ability to build good relationships. There will be frequent contact with internal and external people, either face to face or by telephone or email
Employee must be able to identify various problems with any strain/product be able to communicate with direct supervisors as necessary
Teamwork- collaborating with others to improve overall standards of work and service
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position regularly requires long hours and may require weekend work.
REQUIRED EDUCATON and EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent is required
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
One years of work experience in agricultural experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.