Cultivation Inventory and Audit Manager, Eustis
As a leading Cannabis grower, Medmen operates controlled environment growing and extraction facilities in multiple locations. The Cultivation Inventory and Audit Manager is responsible for the development, analysis and execution of internal compliance requirements, audit of processes and documentation of compliance scorecards in all aspects of MedMen’s cultivation and extraction operations. This position will create, document and ensure detailed internal compliance requirements based on external and state mandated laws and regulations, develop and inform internal best practices and guidelines to ensure compliance in all aspects cannabis growing and processing, and continually monitor, measure and document key performance indicators (KPIs) to further improve and ensure compliance.
The position will lead the compliance program working collaboratively with Cultivation, Supply Planning, Extraction and R&D staff across all MedMen’s growing operations by developing detailed compliance requirements, protocols, audits, training needs and documentation of KPI scores and continually improve the same.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for establishing and documenting all aspects of cannabis cultivation and extraction related compliance requirements to meet all state laws and regulations
- Seeks to understand all aspects of cultivation and extraction and facility usage patterns to effectively plan for compliance and auditing requirements
- Supports MedMen’s research and other related operations to ensure all necessary compliance requirements have been met effectively
- Communicates all compliance related issues to employees in a clear, consistent and effective way possible
- Develops an audit plan and schedule and perform all audits per schedule
- Writes audit reports and issues audit follow-up documents in a timely manner
- Tracks open observations and Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs) to closure
- Supports regulatory inspections and corporate audits
- Escalates critical findings to Senior Management
- Serves as a role model and resource for cultivation and extraction staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations
- Supports and executes MedMen’s mission and goals
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Attention to Details
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Positive attitude all the time
This job operates in a commercial horticulture environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud, tight corners and work spaces. Exposure to: extreme weather conditions, pesticides, fertilizers and pollen producing environment. Work time expectation: 50% of time will be office/greenhouse environment, 40% time will be inspecting all aspects of cultivation and extraction for compliance across various facilities, 10% will be in self training and training others and misc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some examples are: lifting to 50lbs, some work with hands above head, bending over for extended period, and working in tight, dusty, cold, hot, spaces, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
Visits to production facilities is expected for this position 30% of the time.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology/Management or related degree
- Experience working in a regulatory environment
- Experience in production agriculture
- Strong process management skills
- Skilled in working with technical experts
- Skilled in use of Excel and Database systems
- Self-starter, reliable, able to multitask, and a team player
- Detailed oriented, accurate, organized, and analytical
- Strong verbal and electronic communication skills
Apply directly: https://boards.greenhouse.io/medmen/jobs/4098262002