Compliance Specialist, Marketing, Advertising & Packaging. Chicago
As the Marketing, Advertising, and Packaging Specialist with Green Thumb Industries you will be responsible for assessing and evaluating public facing communications to ensure it is compliant with all applicable regulations. You will be working closely with compliance and marketing partners to ensure communications meet business needs while providing principal approval reflecting compliance with regulatory requirements. Our ideal candidate has 4+ years of experience in the field, is comfortable working with ambiguity and invigorated by the prospect of paving the way in a new industry!
- Review and provide feedback regarding regulatory compliance to Marketing, Sales and Brand on Retail and wholesale labeling & packaging (FTC, FDA, DSHEA, IP, claim substantiation, state regs). Advertising, Marketing programs (provide turn-key templates for programs to reduce reliance on outside counsel), Sales incentive, Press releases, Social media, and Website.
- Submitting product packaging/labeling and advertising to states for approval and be main point-of-contact between state and company for Brand, Marketing, Sales and Advertising teams
- Maintaining a database of submissions/approvals/status and regulator feedback
- Assist Brand Teams by creating templates for state submissions and reviewing documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Work with Director and outside counsel to provide guidance and risk assessment to Marketing, Brand, and Advertising
- Identify and mitigate or escalate potential gaps, risks or concerns with material reviewed
- Remain abreast of current and changes to applicable rules and regulations in the cannabis industry
- Evaluate and improve efficiency of current team structures and processes as well as implementing new systems and processes as necessary
- 4+ years experience in Marketing, Advertising, and/or Packaging/Labeling compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must have a solid understanding of the laws, rules and regulations applicable to the cannabis industry and passion to further your understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry