Compliance Associate, Phoenix
Position Responsibilities: Create process maps and standard operating procedures for all critical processes.
· Create distribution manifests and maintain accurate inventory control records.
· Verify and submit daily, weekly and monthly production and distribution records
· Ensure workplace health and safety policies and procedures are followed.
· Modify processes and practices to ensure compliance in accordance with state law.
· Assist with investigations when appropriate
· Liaise with central compliance office to report any legal concerns, stay abreast of compliance updates, and best practices
· Conduct environmental assessments of cultivation and dispensary operations, to mitigate any risks that could lead to violations, fines and loss of license.
· Collaborate with Compliance Director to Develop Quality Assurance standards for critical processes, assist department managers to ensure quality objectives are achieved.
· Assist with regular audits and make recommendations for improvements. .
· Assist with drafting and implement corrective action measures in relation to compliance and QA/QC findings for cultivation
· Communicates all compliance related issues to employees in a clear, consistent and effective way possible
· Assists in the development of an audit plan and schedule and perform all audits per schedule
· Writes audit reports and issues audit follow-up documents in a timely manner
· Serves as a subject matter expert and resource for staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations
· Supports and executes Curaleaf’s mission and goals
· Develop and maintain relationships with all the Compliance Director and other department managers
· Monitor and maintain compliance in all cultivation operations.
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Bachelor’s Degree in any business-related capacity or equivalent experience. (healthcare, pharma, business management, bio)
· Experience working in a regulatory environment
· 3-5 years of progressive responsibility in a compliance role or regulatory field.
· Experience in writing and training team members on implementation of SOP’s
· General knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements.
· Meticulous attention to detail is required. Detailed oriented, accurate, organized, and analytical
· Proficient in spreadsheet and data management software, strong Excel skills
· Experience in staff training and development desired.
· Efficient in state mandated cannabis software programs (Metrc, BioTrack, MMJ)
· A reliable car is required for travel to difference sites within the states.
· Strong process management skills
· Skilled in working with technical experts