Cannabis Education Assistant
Learn Sativa is hiring a Cannabis Education Assistant. A great assistant is warm, accessible, enthusiastic and caring. This person is approachable, not only to students, but to everyone on campus.
Must live in Central Florida.
The instructor is responsible for teaching assigned courses related to the medical cannabis industry, including but not limited to:
- Remaining up to date on current industry laws, technology, and news
- Scheduling Students
- Providing tours of the facility
- Working in the gift shop
- Facilities maintenance and upkeep
- Packaging Product
- Inventory Management
- Curriculum Improvement or creation
- Training and managing interns
- Opening and closing facility
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Work with the lead teacher to monitor the class schedule.
- Assist teachers with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
- Revise lesson material with students individually or in small groups.
- Ensure the classroom environment is safe and clean.
- Oversee students during non-classroom times including in-between classes, during lunch, and on-field excursions.
- Collaborate with lead teachers to recognize the issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
- Document student progress.
- Help lead teachers to create lesson plans.
- Comply with state, school, and class rules and regulations.
- Attend all training classes and faculty meetings.
- Observing and carrying out sales processes.
- Identifying potential weaknesses and offering improvement suggestions.
- Highlighting the benefits of Learn Sativa’s programs, and courses in order to attract students and encourage diversity on campus.
- Staying current with school admission processes and requirements, school programs, and courses, and developments in education and financial aid.
- Organizing recruiting events and representing schools at college fairs, high schools, and other promotional opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Highly professional English language verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise patience and treat all students with respect.
· Experienced and comfortable working with a wide variety of students.
· Creative thinker with superior networking skills
· Strong organizational skills
· A team player who can commit to Learn Sativa’s educational mission
· Professional appearance and behavior
· Ability to deliver impactful results with minimal supervision
· A quick learner with a curious mind who takes initiative to learn new things in detail in order to teach others about those topics
· Ability to work 1-2 times per month on Saturdays
· Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Based on Experience
Please send over your resume along with a short video of why you think you would be a great fit. (Maximum of 3 mins.) to Allyson@learnsativa.org
We are an equal opportunity employer.
“It’s easier to invent the future than to predict it.” — Alan Kay