Back-End Engineer, Atlanta
Surterra is looking for a highly skilled and motivated back-end engineer to join our development team. This individual will lead development of both new and existing features, API endpoints, integrations, and will help to architect data schemas for an established in-production digital platform. This individual will also assist in the reviewing and hiring of additional back-end development candidates.
• Develop and maintain new and existing features
• Architect and develop highly scalable database solutions to store and retrieve company data
• Build and consume internal and external APIs
• Build clean fully tested readable code that is both secure and scalable
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Take ownership over project timelines and deliverables
• Maintain visual and workflow consistency across all products
• Participate and support the Agile (SCRUM) development process
• Continuously improve upon technical skill sets within assigned areas of expertise
• Research and contribute technical information to the knowledgebase
• Participate in code reviews and documentation
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficient understanding of Python and/or Go
• Deep understanding of various database technologies like MySQL/MariaDB, PostgresSQL, DynamoDB, Mongo …
• Extensive experience of development workflows with tools like: Git, Github, Bitbucket, JIRA
• 4+ Years of back-end development experience
• Bonus points for skills related to AWS, RESTful APIs, Web Sockets, PHP, Angular/Vue/React, Node.js, GraphQL, Electron, Sysadmin Skills, HIPAA Compliance
• Ability to write well designed, testable, and efficient code using best software development practices and patterns
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
• The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=224