Assistant Lab Manager, Tampa
Surterra Therapeutics is looking for a Assistant Lab Manager with the skills to implement and maintain processes related to the preparation of final dosage forms derived from therapeutic cannabis. Therapeutic cannabis has quickly become one the most dynamic and fastest-growing industries in the United States. As one of only five businesses licensed to cultivate and dispense cannabis in the state of Florida, Surterra Therapeutics is looking to bring safe, natural relief to patients throughout Florida with wellness-driven products that empower the health of our customers.
This position will report to the Processing Lab Supervisor. This is a truly unique opportunity to help define an industry and build brand new markets. It is a challenging environment that requires a strong-willed, pioneering spirit with an exceptional work ethic. If you are entrepreneurial-minded and enjoy being on the leading-edge, Surterra Therapeutics offers the opportunity to develop a market from the ground up. Our mission is to provide the safest, highest-quality cannabis-based product that empower health and enable our customers to live well.
- Surterra provides Company health care insurance, holidays; typically 10-12 days a year as well as vacation based on years of experience.
- Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers sick paid days each year that may accumulate over time.
- Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity and enjoyment while they work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement established Surterra Therapeutics and Industry best practices for manufacturing therapeutic cannabis based products.
- Responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing process of therapeutic cannabis based products.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise.
- Assist the Lab Supervisor with plant extracting, extract refinement, product formulations and overall upkeep of the lab including daily cleaning and practicing aseptic lab techniques.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Work alongside the extraction and processing team to meet production and quality related goals.
- Assist Lead Chemist when required for analytical or extraction processes.
- Limited Travel between cultivation/processing and lab facilities.
- Manage duties and responsibilities of additional technicians as company grows.
- Train, schedule and assess new/current staff.
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Participate in the recruitment process for other team prospective team members.
- Trains and supervises all lab staff and evaluates staff performance, as directed by the Lab Supervisor.
- Assists in budget development for the laboratory and maintains control of lab costs.
- Plans workload distribution and assists in inventory management/ordering.
- Evaluate quality control and quality assurance statistics and modifies SOPs, as needed.
- Responsible for laboratory procedures, writing, maintaining and training the quality control technicians in procedures per Standard Operating Procedures guidelines.
- Reviews all daily laboratory paperwork and corrects errors found in a timely manner.
- Will collaborate with the Compliance Officer, Cultivation Manager and Analytic Chemist to determine production improvement, staff improvement, and/or quality assurance/quality control adjustments.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with our without notice.
- Experienced with lab equipment, including rotary evaporation, short path distillation, wiped film evaporation, HPLC and or GC-MS.
- Technical proficiency in MS Office, excellent communication skills, negotiation and sales skills, highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a pharmacy technician or relevant job experience.
- Florida Resident
- Experience in compounding or manufacturing preferred
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation
- Travel as necessary (between locations)
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required.
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=35