Assistant Grower, Wimauma
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facility Operations – Support facility operations as a member of the cultivation team to produce the highest quality low-THC, high-CBD medical cannabis possible.
- Production – Support and perform cultivation operations, including harvest, trim, cure and finishing processes, ensuring that production timelines follow established production plans.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS (Preferred)
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources or similar.
- Understanding and knowledge of the cultivation of plants.
- Experience working with soil and water pH and EC, as well as mixing fertilizers.
- Experience with good agricultural practices as well as good handling practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Experience working with nutrient deficiencies and how to identify the deficiency.
- Experience working with crop pests including how to identify and how to treat the pressures.
- Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and Internet navigation.
- Ability to pass a background check, including drug testing
- Comfort with security protocols, including video monitoring and employee tracking.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- The ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position.
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- The ability to work in extreme weather.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.
- The ability to ascend/descend a ladder to service lights and fans.