Analytic Processing Chemist, Tampa
The Analytic Processing Chemist will implement and maintain processes related to the purification of extracted cannabis oils and testing of final dosage forms derived from therapeutic cannabis.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement established Surterra Therapeutics and Industry best practices for testing therapeutic cannabis based products. Testing to include potency, heavy metal, pesticide and micro-biologic contamination.
- Be responsible for daily duties related to analytic testing process of therapeutic cannabis based products.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and testing procedures and results.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Work alongside the manufacturing and extraction teams to meet production and quality related goals.
- Limited Travel between cultivation/processing and lab facilities.
- Manage duties and responsibilities of additional chemists/technicians as company grows.
- Train new staff.
- Work with extraction, processing and analytic equipment.
- Interface directly with third party testing companies to interpret results, validate testing procedures and analyze data.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Technical proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent communication and team skills.
- Masters or Higher level degree in Chemical Science.
- Experience with analytical processes, botanical or biologic processes preferred.
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Analytically and communicatively intelligent.
- Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- Experience with lab testing equipment including HPLC, GCMS, LCMS and related software.
- The ability to lift 20-50 pounds as needed.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- The ability to work in extreme weather.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.